Every member of the Junior League of Boca Raton contributes their time, talent and effort to the three issues of our community: hunger, non-profit support and child welfare. At the JLBR end-of-the-year meeting, awards are given to members who have created, inspired and/or encouraged.
Please take a look the awards that are bestowed and think about who you would nominate for such an honor.
Description of Awards
- Founders Award: Created in honor of the founding members of JLBR, this award is presented to a JLBR member in recognition of outstanding service to the League. The award is presented to an active member in good standing who has been a member of JLBR for at least three years. The award recognizes the dedication, motivation and enthusiasm of a member who has earned her the respect and admiration of her colleagues. The Founders Award recognizes exemplary performance within the JLBR over a period of time.
- Outstanding Service Award: This award is presented to a JLBR member who has taken her active Junior League involvement and training into the community to make a major contribution through volunteer service. The award winner must be an active or sustainer in good standing that has been a member of JLBR for at least three years. The award may be given for outstanding achievement through JLBR in the community or the award may be presented for outstanding service in the community over a period of time. Please note “community” is defined to include and extend beyond a JLBR project.
- Outstanding Sustainer Award: This award is presented to a sustaining member of JLBR in good standing. The award recognizes a member’s dedication, motivation and enthusiasm and has earned the respect and admiration of her colleagues and will recognize exemplary performance within the JLBR over a period of time.
- The Torch Award: This award will be presented to an active or sustaining member of JLBR in good standing. The Torch Award recognizes a member who is a true pioneer, who embraces innovation and creativity. This member willingly forges into new territory, breaks new ground or takes on something never before attempted. She maintains confidence and enthusiasm in the face of doubt, opposition or barriers. The award winner is someone who never says never, who does something unique and different and who likely (but not necessarily) achieves desired goals.
- The Starburst Award: This award is presented to a JLBR active member in good standing who puts forth the extra effort despite the number of contributions or commitments she is already doing for the JLBR. The award recognizes the person you contact if you want something done, even though she is busy, and you know she will make time to do the job well. The award recognizes the ability to provide that extra “burst of energy” to help get the task at hand completed.
Stay tuned for more information as well as the nomination form.