How We Impact Our Community
Established in 1971 when our 27 founding members recognized the tremendous growth of our city and the need for trained volunteers, the Junior League of Boca Raton (JLBR) transforms South Florida through advocacy, direct service, public education and fundraising. Our team of 550+ highly motivated, educated, and influential women are committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving our local community through effective action of trained volunteers.
Together we monitor legislation and advocate for issues of importance to our members and community and have helped over 150,000 women and children in South Palm Beach. Our trained volunteers regularly donate over 25,000 service hours and raise more than $250,000 for local charitable causes. As a 501(C)(3) organization, the Junior League of Boca Raton is a non-profit charity.
Our community projects include –
- Founding Boca Raton Historical Society
- Restoring Singing Pines, which became the Boca Raton Children’s Museum.
- Founding and maintaining the Vegso Community Resource Center
- Supporting “In the Pines” LEED housing
- Founding the The Diaper Bank Covering South Florida
To learn more about our impact in 2022, view our Impact Report.